Here are some tips we learned in Dawn’s lovely kitchen:
- Almond butter is a good price at COSTCO, so is Virgin Coconut Oil (organic, whole pressed $16.99). Keep coconut oil out of fridge, it will last for years.
- Yummy pasta sauce in “Animal Vegetable Miracle” by Barbara Kingsolver
- Danielle is a sprouting master
- Oatmeal ideas (Porridge): add a nut! spoonful of coconut oil or butter, grated carrot, ground walnut, or dried cranberries & hemp seeds with pecans!
- Use Thai Red Curry Paste from Superstore (1tsp)
- Make Rice Paper wraps. Cheap. Just soak each wrap ONE BY ONE in warm water dish. Add mango, avocado, lettuce, cilantro, cucumber, carrot, any leftovers you have, or dip in sauce of almond butter/soy sacue & honey
- Pitas can be frozen or eaten fresh. Add sprouts & pesto. Butter & Garlic. Quark cheese. Homemade jam. Butter & honey.
- The Grain Master Whisper Mill is $300 and works just as well as the Komodo ($1200) but is more finicky.
- Sunflower seeds by Canagreen (wholesale) are yummy
- Cocoa nibs are crushed cocoa bean and add a nice crunch to NRG balls
Dawn also had a great “healthy bread in 5 min/day recipe by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois. You can mix it up and leave it in the fridge for days/weeks. No KNEADING required!! Here is the recipe:
5.5 c ww flour, 1.5T yeast, 1T salt, 1/4c gluten, 4c lukewarm water
Add yeast into flour, add salt into water, gluten is optional. Mix together, the less handling the better. Cover with flour and scoop out some to cook. You can add seeds to make it artisan! Just sprinkle water on first to help them stick.
Anyone else have comments from the evening? My brain is currently mush!!